The Center – A Place of Hope-was ranked number one in the United States in a recent review by the Newsmax organization, based on patient feedback and internet research.
Newsmax noted that “Good depression treatment centers generally include a holistic therapy set-up that provides a diet and exercise plan, counseling sessions, talk therapy sessions, recommended medications, motivation tapes, and other materials. Visiting a depression treatment center is a completely voluntary process that requires deep commitment from both the patient as well as the treatment center. While some treatment centers for depression are privately-run, others are managed by non-profit/charitable organizations. In addition, there are day treatment centers as well as residential treatment centers for depression to suit the needs of individuals.”
The Center’s partial hospitalization/day treatment program accomplishes in four weeks of six-out-of-seven-days a week intervention what would take over a year or more to accomplish in one hour per week of outpatient therapy. Our whole-person care approach to depression treatment reflects the best holistic programs available, and goes beyond most by offering a faith-based, Christ-centered component if the patient desires such spiritual work to be done. Every patient is assigned a dedicated team of licensed mental health professionals, naturopathic doctors, dieticians, pastoral care staff, and support staff who, working with the patient, develops a highly individualized treatment plan that all work together to realize on behalf of the patient. If needed, we also have access to an excellent psychiatrist, an acupuncturist, and coaches in physical development on behalf of every patient who comes to the Center.
The Center also has excellent treatment programs for anxiety, including phobias, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and trauma-based anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder, and for eating disorders, addictions treatment, dual diagnosis issues, marital distress and relationship conflicts, overwhelming stress, issues of faith, unbelief, and doubt, and a variety of different personality and characterological disorders. Applying our team approach to the whole person in an intensive 4 to 6-week treatment program allows the patient to resolve many issues that would otherwise take months, even years to resolve if they can be resolved at all in an infrequent outpatient model of treatment.
Noted below are the top ten treatment centers for depression treatment in America, which are run by private organizations.
- The Center • A Place of HOPE, Washington
- Sierra Tucson Depression Treatment Center, Arizona
- Hollywood Pavilion, Florida
- Walden Behavioral Care, Massachusetts
- Bayridge Anxiety and Depression Treatment Center, Ontario
- Connecticut Anxiety and Depression Treatment Center, Connecticut
- YouthCare Residential Treatment Center, Utah
- Anxiety and Depression Treatment Center, Newport Beach, California
- Skyland Trail, Atlanta
- Sunset Malibu’s Depression Treatment Center, Malibu, California
Also noted below are the top ten depression treatment centers run by or affiliated with university hospitals:
- Harvard – Massachusetts General Hospital (Department of Psychiatry)
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital (John Hopkins Mood Disorders Center)
- Harvard – McLean Hospital
- University of Pennsylvania (Department of Psychiatry)
- Stanford University (Depression Research Clinic and Bipolar Disorders Clinic)
- University of Michigan Depression Center
- University of Colorado Denver Depression Center
- University of Louisville Depression Center
- The University of California San Francisco Depression Center (UCSF)
- Columbia University (Columbia Psychiatry)