Has sex become an addiction driving compulsive behavior?
Our sexuality was meant to be a benefit and enhancement to our lives, not an uncontrollable burden. From extra-marital affairs to Internet pornography, our sexualized world has the potential to overwhelm our best intentions and cause irreparable harm to relationships and careers. Sexual addiction or trauma does not need to define you. We have successfully treated hundreds of individuals with unbalanced and unhealthy sexual issues.
When sex becomes an addiction, there is a driving compulsion to engage in sexual activity excessively, including:
- Continual preoccupation with obtaining a sexual “high”
- Compulsion to engage in sexual activity despite harmful consequences and a desire to stop
- Deep despair with guilt and shame over the inability to control sexual behavior
Our program begins with a comprehensive assessment that will evaluate the whole-person, including the following areas:
- Chemical Dependency Assessment
- Behavior Addictions
- Complete Mental Health Assessment
- Vocational & Career Needs
- Family Functioning & Issues
- Health of Social Relationships
- Complete Physical Health & Fitness Assessment
- Complete Psychological Testing and Assessments
- Complete Medical & Nutritional Testing and Assessments
- Complete Medical Work-up and Exam performed by a Physician
- Medication Reassessment – (if you are on medications, such as antidepressants or antianxiety medications, an assessment of their effectiveness and new prescriptions may be provided)
If you’re ready to make a change in your life, we invite you to start by filling out the quick and easy form at the top of this page.
- You’ll receive a free personal phone call from a sexual addiction specialist at The Center • A Place of Hope
- We’ll answer all of your questions regarding treatment for sexual additions
- We will discuss with you what your personalized treatment program will look like
- You’ll begin to see how healing is possible and a brighter, healthier and more balanced existence is well within your reach
“The reason I went to The Center was to overcome Depression, Anxiety, Relationship Issues, Trauma History, Grief and Loss, Sexual Addiction and to work on Spiritual Care. I wanted to get back my zest for life learning to overcome my addiction and manage my depression in an effective way.
My experience with my treatment team was awesome, totally awesome. My experience with my medical team was also awesome. The whole team collectively was so much more than I could have hoped for. The physical to the spiritual each one had significance to my recovery from the one on ones to the groups. I believe each member of the team contributed to my recovery.
May God continue to bless each and every one of you, he has begun a great work in you and he will be faithful to finish it. My prayer is that you will continue to follow his leading and guidance. I pray that you will continue to draw on his strength each and every day, be blessed in all you put your hands to.”