To make your stay, and that of others, as comfortable as possible, please follow the recommended guidelines below on what to bring for your treatment.
- Clothing should be casual and in good taste. Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, or organizations that promote such items is not allowed.
- Appropriate attire for men can be casual, that includes jeans, casual slacks, sport shirts, t-shirts etc.
- Appropriate attire for women can be casual, that includes jeans, casual slacks, skirts, dresses, yoga pants/leggings with a longer shirt, shorts etc.
- Open shirts, swimwear, etc. are allowed only for recreational and fitness activities. This type of clothing is considered inappropriate for therapy, meals, or meetings.
- Please do not bring low-cut tops, blouses with spaghetti straps, or any shirt that expose the midriff.
- Warm, comfortable clothes for fall, winter and spring seasons which typically wet and rainy with lows in the ’40s and highs in the ’50s or ’60s. Summer temperatures normally run in the 70-80’s. We suggest dressing in layers since we are located near the ocean and it can be windy.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Laundry facilities including supplies, irons and ironing boards are available for clients.
What to Leave at Home
Your belongings will be checked upon arrival at The Center. Please do not bring the following items:
- Illegal or mood-altering drugs, smokeless tobacco, cigars, or pipes.
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, aftershave, perfume, etc.).
- Straight razors, razorblades, pocket knives, firearms, or any other item that could be used as a weapon
- Radios, CD players, portable TV’s, DVDs/portable DVD players, any devise that connects to wifi including ipods, ipads, tablet, laptops.
- Reading material that is not related to recovery unless approved beforehand (you will be provided with reading material when you arrive at The Center).
- Exercise equipment
These guidelines may seem very restrictive, but please understand it is our goal to make your time at The Center very productive. Many of these items can cause unnecessary distractions or can be harmful to yourself or others.
- You may bring any vitamins/supplements and medications you currently use.
- Please advise your Admission team of all medications and supplements you are taking, including:
- the name of the medication
- the dosage and frequency administered
- the name of the prescribing physician (The Center may contact the physician if our staff physicians have any concerns).
Money and Jewelry
- Do not bring expensive jewelry or excessive cash.
- It is recommended that you safely secure any valuables not in your immediate possession (a safe is provided for this purpose, but again do not bring unnecessary valuables).
- Our bookstore accepts credit cards for purchasing of books, DVD’s, Snack bars and nutritional supplements.
The Center will not deny a client entry into our treatment program because of the use of nicotine. However, we view tobacco as a drug and will encourage a client to consider becoming nicotine-free while they are being treated at The Center.
Upon arrival at The Center, clients are allowed to call a significant other to advise of their safe arrival. Our clients are encouraged to not make any phone calls until after the first three days of treatment, and only a limited number of phone calls are suggested throughout the remainder of the treatment program. Arrangements for contacting others can be made with the approval of your treatment team.
Mail should be sent to the following address:
c/o The Center
547 Dayton St.
Edmonds, WA 98020
If necessary, clients may receive faxes at 1-425-670-2807. All faxes will be given to the clients treatment team for distribution to client.
Our Admissions team can assist you with making your flight arrangements and hotel/travel reservations. The Center provides shuttle transportation to and from the airport at no cost to you.
Learning supplies, including writing utensils, a journal, paper and singular binder with some dividers, are provided by The Center. You are welcome to bring personal pens, pencils and erasers and a personal journal as well.
We encourage you to visit with our team of professionals regarding the professional treatment services you need. You may reach us by filling out this form or by calling 1-888-771-5166 / 425-771-5166. Financing is available.