Take Back Your Life
Options for Recovering from Eating Disorders Like Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating and other Eating Disorders
The Center offers eating disorder treatment programs for those suffering with anorexia nervosa, bulimic nervosa, binge eating disorder (compulsive overeating), food addiction, emotional eating and recovery after bypass surgery. We have some 25 years experience dealing with eating disorders, and utilize a whole-person approach that has exhibited great success in helping anorexics, bulimics and compulsive overeaters.
Find a life worth living through The Center’s recovery programs for anorexia, bulimia and binge eating
The Center is located near waterfront beaches and offers all-inclusive privacy. Here you’ll find a safe, confidential and supportive setting in which to deal with the underlying issues at the heart of your eating disorder. Our wide range of eating disorder treatment options includes programs for:
- Compulsive overeating
Our flexible, client-centered environment incorporates advanced eating disorder treatments and technologies and is designed to maximize results.
Integrative Medicine, Whole-Person Care, Licensed Health Care Facility
Contrary to what you may have read on pro anorexia websites, recovery from anorexia and bulimia as well as compulsive overeating is possible. Our team of experts consists of world-class professionals who specialize in treating eating disorders, and who will address the unique medical, physical, psychological, emotional, nutritional, fitness and spiritual needs of each individual. Most clients in our whole-persona treatments programs for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or compulsive overeating choose to enter treatment lasting between 4 to 12 weeks or longer.
Again, each and every recovery program at The Center is personalized. Here, however, is a general idea of what to expect when you enter one of our eating disorder programs.
Our program begins Comprehensive Assessment that will evaluate the whole-person, including the following areas:
- Chemical dependency assessment
- Behavior Addictions
- Complete Mental Health Assessment
- Vocational & Career Needs
- Family Functioning & Issues
- Health of Social Relationships
- Complete Physical Health & Fitness Assessment
- Nutritional Counseling
- Body Image Reconstruction and Restoration
- Fitness Reassessment and Coaching
- Relapse Prevention Strategies
- Family Re-Integration Skills
- Massage Therapy ( Specialized for Eating & Body Issues)
- Career and Life Purpose Coaching (Career Testing Available)
- Personal Primary Care and Recovery Manager
- Transportation to and from airports - Transportation provided to all events
- Nourishing meal times with meals designed by a registered dietician
- Pre-care appointments before start of intensive
- Specialized Art Class
- Expressive Class (music)
- Weekly Nutrition Education Class
- Weekly Food Shopping Classes / Assisted Grocery Shopping
- Weekly Cooking Classes
- Mindful Walking Activities
- Eating Disorder Recovery Class
- Body Image and Self-Esteem Class
- Special “Living Well” Series
- Family Program For Loved Ones
- Complete Spectrum of Natural Health Care
- Complete Psychological testing and assessments
- Evaluation by physician
- Psychological/Social History
- Eating Disorder Needs Assessment Survey
- Diagnostic Survey for Eating Disorders
- Million Behavioral Medicine Diagnosis, when age appropriate
- Trauma Assessment
- Complete Mental Health Assessment
- Other testing purposely not listed here
- Complete physiological testing and assessments
- Assessment and Nutrition Plan by Dietician
- Medical Exam by Physician
- Health Appraisal Analysis
- Various specialized blood tests (CMP14, CBC, TSH, 25OHD3, Lipid Panel, HgbAIC), complete blood count with electrolytes, automated chemical profile
- Complete medical work up and exam performed by our medical team
- Medication reassessment (if you are on medications, such as anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications, an assessment of effectiveness and new prescriptions may be provided)
- Bioimpedance (BIA) test to evaluate ongoing dehydration and metabolism (a simple, non-evasive test requiring no blood work or discomfort)
- Medical Monitoring including multiple daily checks of “vital signs” when needed
- EKG’s as indicated by medical personnel
- Possibly various types of G.I. testing (For Digestive Issues)
- Possibly various types of female (or male) hormonal profiles
- Eating Disorder assessments including food history, diet analysis, nutrient evaluation, dietary guidelines, menu planning, and food selection/planning
- Fitness assessment by Certified Personal Trainer, Registered Nurse to measure baseline of current physical condition
- Access to fitness facilities and fitness classes (when exercise type and duration approved by the team leader/physician)
- Regular sessions with Eating Disorder Body Image Specialist and Certified Fitness Trainer
- Nutritional Guidance with Dietician
- Personal involvement, direction, program management, oversight, and supervision by registered dietician
- Initial supply of Metabolic Recovery
- Daily journal for assignments
- Weekly fitness reassessment and coaching, when appropriate
- Specialized massage therapy for those with body image issues
- Supportive Eating Program
Eating Disorder Treatment for Both Men and Women
Many eating disorder treatment programs exclude men, especially those dealing with anorexia or bulimia recovery. That is not the case here at The Center. We have a program just for men incorporating our whole-person, individualized approach to recovery from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or binge eating disorders. If you are a male with an eating disorder, there is hope for you!
Adolescent Eating Disorder Programs
Elements of the above referenced programs for eating disorders are tailored to the unique needs of adolescents as well here at The Center. Our Adolescent Eating Disorder Program includes help for parents and families in addition to their loved ones who are suffering with an eating disorder.
We know that adolescents and older teens need assistance in continuing their academic studies while at The Center, and can arrange for state-certified teachers and academic tutors to provide that support. Time for studying is worked into each individual program accordingly.
Transitional Care/Phone Follow-Up
Upon completion of each recovery programs, weekly telephone sessions are recommended for a period ranging from 3-6 months. We have found that such a follow-up program goes to long way towards facilitating a lasting recovery and preventing a potential relapse. Transitional care provides a venue to discuss ongoing challenges and successes with your anorexia, bulimia or compulsive overeating recovery as you transition back into the everyday world.
Help is Within Your Reach
You won’t find cookie-cutter counseling solutions at The Center. Our whole-person approach is a ground-breaking one, and we take the time to get to know you as an individual so that we can create a recovery plan for you specifically. We’ll answer all your questions before you begin treatment, alleviating your fears and opening you up to the fact that recovery is possible. You’ll find an atmosphere of compassion, respect and trust every day in every way here at The Center.
The Center has a variety of excellent housing options available for your stay with us. Lodging, including housekeeping, laundry and linen services, is included at no additional cost. Fully equipped kitchens are also provided.
The Center charges for services at a per-diem rate. We are able to work with most insurance plans, but we are not a Medicaid or Medicare provider. We have a knowledgeable financial team that will work directly with your insurance company prior to your admission. We can also set up an affordable payment plan for any out-of-pocket costs.
The people at the clinic are great. I was afraid at first, but now I look forward to seeing the smiling faces at The Center. Thank you all!read more
In addition to working with most insurance carriers we have other financing options available. We are able to assist most people to get the care they need. There are options available and we will work with you.