Do you feel beaten down from chasing your losses? Losing money, relationships and self-respect?
For compulsive gamblers, chasing losses is a seemingly endless cycle. It can bring shame and pain to you and to the ones you love most. From gambling away money set aside for bills to stealing money from family and friends, compulsive gamblers make decisions that in no way reflect the responsible, loving people they are outside of their addictions. Two–thirds of adults in America place some kind of bet each year on sporting events, in slot machines, through the purchase of lotto tickets, on online gambling sites and more. And though the vast majority will never have a gambling problem, as many as 15 million people in the United States do show signs of gambling addiction. Does this sound like you?
- Skipping work or school to gamble
- Gambling with savings or money set aside for bills
- Borrowing or stealing money to finance your addiction
- Hiding your gambling problem from loved ones, or fighting about it with those who know
- Losing the respect of your family and friends
- Losing respect for yourself
- Contemplating self-destructive behavior
As a result of the guilt and shame stemming from this kind of lifestyle, compulsive gamblers are 20 times more likely to commit suicide than the general population. You can stop chasing what will always be out of reach. Make the decision to regain your life and dignity today.
Gambling Intensive Treatment Program
Your gambling addiction treatment is personalized to your needs. We take time to get to know the whole you, and your life events that have led to your current gambling issues. Your program begins with a comprehensive assessment that will evaluate the whole person. You will receive a thorough assessment in the following areas:
- Chemical Dependency Assessment
- Behavior Addictions
- Complete Mental Health Assessment
- Vocational & Career Needs
- Family Functioning & Issues
- Health of Social Relationships
- Complete Physical Health & Fitness Assessment
- Complete Psychological Testing and Assessments
- Assessment & Nutrition Plan by Registered Dietician
- Health Appraisal Analysis
- Complete Medical Work-up and Exam
- Medication Reassessment – (if you are on medications, such as antidepressants or antianxiety medications, an assessment of effectiveness and new prescriptions may be provided, as well as natural health care)