Your cells need a steady supply of magnesium to maintain proper smooth muscle function in your blood vessels. In addition, magnesium supplements can help your body shuttle potassium and sodium, two other essential electrolytes, into and out of cells, maintaining proper balance (homeostasis).
Without proper levels of magnesium in your body, you can develop muscle weakness, spasms, high blood pressure, arrhythmias and other issues.
Unfortunately for many people, they’re seriously low on this mineral.
Magnesium deficiencies can lead to muscle weakness and tremors (spasm) and a host of cardiovascular problems ranging from high blood pressure to arrhythmias, congestive heart failure, atherosclerosis, chest pains, cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease), and even heart attacks.
How does your body become deficient in Magnesium?
- Are you under consistent stress? Stress can drain magnesium from your body.
- Do you have a history of heart issues, like high blood pressure, heart attacks of congestive heart failure? If so, you have be taking diuretics; taking them can cause depletion in your magnesium levels.
- Our modern farming techniques – overuse of phosphates, nitrates, in organic fertilizers – all rob the soil of valuable magnesium concentrations
- Chemical pollutants in our air and water like lead and iron, interact with the magnesium in your body in a negative way
Do you need Magnesium in your diet?
If you have cardiovascular issues, a magnesium supplement is frequently recommended by doctors. If you are healthy, without heart or blood pressure issues, a magnesium supplement can help maintain optimum levels in your body, providing protection from future cardiac issues.
HEART STRONG™PROPRIETARY BLEND
The Heart Strong™ Blend supports heart muscle function and healthy blood flow. The adaptogenic properties of this blend defend the heart and cardiovascular system.*
- White Panax Ginseng (Panax ginseng) Root Extract
- Hawthorn (Crataegus sp.) Berry
- Leaf & Flower Extract
- Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna) Bark Extract
Acetyl-L-carnitine functions as an antioxidant. It promotes the production of glutathione, a free radical scavenger, in cells. As such, it supports an increase in energy production in the mitochondria, the “engines” of all cells, including heart cells, and therefore may boost physical and mental energy.
As a nutritional supplement, acetyl-L-carnitine is used to protect the central nervous system and may benefit the heart. It is also used to help improve memory. Acetyl L-carnitine has also been studied for its possible use as an adjunct treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. Additional benefits may include support for symptoms of depression, and the treatment of strokes and Parkinson’s disease.
COENZYME Q10 (COQ10)
Many studies have been performed on the effects on CoQ10 on the cardiovascular system. The University of Maryland Medical center notes that clinical research indicates CoQ10 may help:
- Help lower blood pressure
- Prevent heart damage cause by certain chemotherapy drugs
- May improve heart health and blood sugar levels, and manage high blood pressure levels in people with diabetes
- Help reduce damage caused by free radicals during recovery from heart surgery