This special is the combination of Hope, Help, & Healing for Eating Disorders and The Body God Designed by Dr. Jantz
Hope, Help, & Healing for Eating Disorders is about a Whole-Person philosophy that treats the emotional, relational, physical, and spiritual aspects of eating problems. This book is also written with the philosophy that a person with an eating disorder needs love and acceptance.
The Body God Designed presents the idea that God Himself made us and has a body intended just for us. This God-intended body may have been altered by our circumstances or by our behaviors, but with His help, we can restore our bodies to the level of health and vitality He planned for us.
Hope, Help, & Healing For Eating Disorders-A New Approach to Treating Anorexia, Bulimia, and Overeating by Dr. Gregory L. Jantz.
Dr. Jantz has developed a Whole-Person philosophy that treats the emotional, relational, physical, and spiritual aspects of eating problems. This approach can be used by those with food disorders and their families and friends. Each chapter contains questions and activities to lead readers through progressive steps to healing.
- Discover 5 often-overlooked nutritional keys to recovery
- Find out how to let go of anger, fear, and guilt
- Obtain tools for creating a binge-free life
- Learn how not to be a victim of others
- Understand the role of emotional and verbal abuse
- Learn about 7 keys to help you create healthy relationships
- Deal successfully with the opposite sex
This book discusses a New Approach to treating those that suffer with eating disorders. Anybody that is suffering from an eating disorder needs to have unconditional love, acceptance, and forgiveness. They also need to learn how to forgive themselves, and forgive others that may have abused or harmed them. We do not believe force will change those suffering from eating disorders. Force does not work. It can drive the eating disorder deeper and deeper.
Instead of force, we at The Center, provide an atmosphere of acceptance where change can take place. We look beyond the eating disorder and reach into the person’s heart and see them as a person who needs love and acceptance. &Hope, Help, & Healing& was written with this philosophy.
The Body God Designed: How to Love the Body You’ve Got While You Get the Body You Want
By Dr. Jantz with Ann McMurray
Many people look in the mirror and are dissatisfied with their bodies. They see a seat too big and a chest too small, an enormous nose and beady eyes. Psalm 139 tells us how God feels about our bodies. We get the “fearful” part; it’s the “wonderful” we’re not so sure about. The Body God Designed presents the idea that God Himself made us and has a body intended just for us. This God-intended body may have been altered by our circumstances or by our behaviors, but with His help, we can restore our bodies to the level of health and vitality He planned for us.
Dr. Jantz provides specific tips for health, including:
- Healthy models for each body shape
- Differences between healthy and unhealthy fats and where to find each
- Principles readers can use for effective, long-term weight loss
- How to refrain from secret and mindless eating.
Table of Contents
- I’ve Been Framed
- Hint: The Garden was Outdoors
- Doughnuts: The New Forbidden Fruit
- My Kingdom for Some Chromium
- The Pit of No Carbs in the Land of Right Now
- The Proper Use of the Knife
- Midnight at the Kitchen Oasis
- Be Still and Know That I Am a Chocolate
- I’ll Take the Crown but Not the Gray
- Wearing Your Swimsuit Down the Runway