If you’ve been following this blog or my Twitter and Facebook pages you know my focus over the past couple of months has been on the subject of anger management — specifically anger management for women. So I am excited to announce that this Saturday, January 23, Janet Parshall is welcoming me as a guest to discuss this very subject on her syndicated radio show, “Talking It Over,” which airs on 1,100 radio stations nationwide.
What I have discovered in my work at The Center is that both hidden and vented anger lie at the heart of numerous challenges women face on a daily basis, from stress and depression, to addictions and eating disorders. In fact, it is such a prevalent problem that I devoted an entire book to the subject, Every Woman’s Guide to Managing Your Anger, with stories and research from which I will draw for Saturday’s show.
“Talking It Over” is a 2-hour program that examines today’s most pressing issues from a biblical perspective.
I’ll be talking with Janet the first 60 minutes of the show specifically about:
- How women deal with anger differently than men
- How women can discover and address the roots causes of anger
- How anger contributes to unfulfilled desires among women
Pastor Bill Perkins will talk with Janet the second half of the show, focused on:
- How you can be a good man and still get angry
- How mens’ core issues differ from womens’
- How we can take a cue from scripture and “be slow to anger”