Your road to become strong again must work through the whole series of past storms that have wreacked havoc on your body, soul, and spirit. But the good news is that now you know you have weathered those storms; they helped you grow in ways that you were not even aware and they have shaped you into the person you have now become.
Often, it’s only when our eyes have been washed clear with buckets of tears that we will ever get a handle on the larger vision for ourselves and our place in the world. Although you may never fully understand why or how the storms of your past have freshened the air you breathe today, you can find a healthy, new perspective that grands you the freedom to:
- Take time to think; it is the source of your power.
- Take time to play; it is the secret to your youth.
- Take time to read; it is the foundation of your knowledge.
- Take time to dream; it will take you to the stars.
- Take time to laugh; it really is your best medicine.
- Take time to pray; it is your touch with almighty God.
- Take time to reach out to others; it will give your life significance.
Make your life prime time, and be ready to expect God to give you a hundredfold return as you exorcise the ghosts from your past and see old challenges with adult eyes as you take one step closer to becoming strong again.
As you ponder those difficult areas of your past — ghosts that may still haunt you and remain hurtful — say these words to yourself:
- Because I’m dealing with my past, I am enjoying the freedom to feel great about myself today.
- Because I’m dealing with my past, I am giving myself the freedom to have fun as never before.
- Because I’m dealing with my past, I have the freedom to be a healthy giver because I have adopted an attitude of gratitude.
Allow the words of Mother Teresa to sweep over your spirit: “I come to you, Jesus, to take your touch before I begin my day. Let your eyes rest upon my eyes for awhile. Let me take to my work the assurance of your friendship. Fill my mind to the last, through the desert of noise. Let your blessed sunshine fill my thoughts, and give me strength for those who need me.”
If you are struggling with past abuse, anxiety, depression, or addiction, The Center • A Place of HOPE is here to help. Our team is skilled at navigating these sensitive issues. For more information, fill out this form or call 1-888-747-5592 to speak confidentially with a specialist today.