What to Bring to Your Treatment Program
To make your stay - and that of others - as comfortable as possible, please follow the guidelines below on what to bring to your Treatment Program.
- Clothing should be casual and in good taste. Clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, gambling, or organizations that promote such items is not allowed.
- Appropriate attire for men includes jeans, casual slacks, sport shirts, jogging suits, and Bermuda Style shorts
- Appropriate attire for women is jeans, causal slacks, skirts, dresses that are knee-length or longer, jogging suits, and shorts that cover at least 3/4 of the thigh.
- Open shirts, swimwear, etc. are allowed only for recreational and fitness activities. This type of clothing is considered inappropriate for therapy, meals, or meetings.
- Please do not bring form-fitting clothing, including Lycra tights/biking/running shorts, low-cut tops, blouses with spaghetti straps, or tank tops. Blouses that expose the midriff are unacceptable.
- Warm, comfortable clothes for fall, winter and spring seasons which typically wet and rainy with lows in the '40s and highs in the '50s or '60s. Be prepared for possible snow in late November, December or January. Summer temperatures normally run in the 70's. We suggest dressing in layers since we are located near the ocean and it can be windy.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Laundry facilities including supplies, irons and ironing boards are available for clients, but we suggest that wash-and-wear clothing is much more convenient.
What to Leave at Home
Your belongings will be checked upon arrival at The Center. Please do not bring the following items:
- Illegal or mood-altering drugs, smokeless tobacco, cigars, or pipes.
- Products containing alcohol (mouthwash, aftershave, perfume, etc.).
- Straight razors, razorblades, pocket knives, knitting needles, crochet hooks, metal hairpieces, firearms, or any other item that could be used as a weapon
- Radios, tape recorders/CD players, videotapes, portable TV's, DVDs/portable DVD players, and laptops unless absolutely necessary.
- Reading material that is not related to recovery (you will be provided with reading material when you arrive at The Center).
- Exercise equipment or musical instruments.
These guidelines may seem very restrictive, but please understand it is our goal to make your time at The Center very productive. Many of these items can cause unnecessary distractions or can be harmful to yourself or others.
- Do not bring Non-prescription medications (i.e. Advil, Tylenol, etc.), as these items will be dispensed by staff if needed
- You may bring any vitamins/supplements and medications you currently use.
- Please advise your Admission team of all medications and supplements you are taking, including
- the name of the medication
- the dosage and frequency administered
- the name of the prescribing physician (The Center may contact the physician if our staff physicians have any concerns).
Money and Jewelry
- Do not bring excessive or expensive jewelry or excessive cash.
- It is recommended that you safely secure any valuables not in your immediate possession (a safe is provided for this purpose, but again do not bring unnecessary valuables).
- Our bookstore accepts credit cards for purchasing of books, tapes, and nutritional supplements.
The Center will not deny a client entry into our treatment program because of the use of nicotine. However we view tobacco as a drug and will suggest a client to consider becoming nicotine-free while they are being treated at The Center.
Upon arrival at The Center, clients are allowed to call a significant other to advise of their safe arrival. Our clients are encouraged to not make any phone calls until after the first three days of treatment, and only a limited number of phone calls are suggested through out the remainder of the treatment program. Arrangements for contacting others can be made with the approval of your treatment team.
Mail should be sent to the following address:
c/o The Center
P.O. Box 700
Edmonds, WA 98020
If necessary, clients may receive faxes at 1-425-670-2807.
Our Admissions team can assist you with making your flight arrangements and travel reservations. Personalized transportation is provided to and from the airport.
The people at the clinic are great. I was afraid at first, but now I look forward to seeing the smiling faces at The Center. Thank you all!read more
In addition to working with most insurance carriers we have other financing options available. We are able to assist most people to get the care they need. There are options available and we will work with you.